View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
Richie,

When you say you picked the running lines with the top two squares, are these the same running lines that would have had the best Perceptor ratings?

Froggy
Nope, it's a separate paceline selection method following Match Up priciples - fastest lines from the horse's entire PPs based on unadjusted (i.e. excluding DTV and ITV) Pace of Race Total Energy (or adjusted, if you like) where the horse ran well. And that's for starters - I'm sure this will get fine-tuned as time goes on.

Perceptor Total (or the old F6 paceline indicator from Validator) is another - completely valid, yet distinct, approach to choosing a paceline(s) to represent the horse in today's Analysis. This new Paceline Indicator thing (Powerlines?) is in no way intended to replace the time-honoured best-of-last-three, similar distance/surface (aided by Perceptor Total). It's just a different approach - for those who practice the Match Up methods. It's simply an initial attempt to automate what you should be doing anyway if you've been studying the Match Up all this time.

Froggy, keep using Perceptor to find strong lines for a horse if that works consistently for you!!

As time goes on, I will develop a collection of automated paceline selection methods, which we can tweak, use to create the initial selection of lines, then fine-tune your analysis from there (or try some brute-force spot plays like Richie is doing).

I think it is important, with the advent of greater choice, to not mix paceline selection methods without conducting your own analysis into how each method works consistently for you. If you follow the Match Up, try the 'Powerline' thing. If you follow the classic (energy-related) Methodology (is that a term?) use best-of-last 3 or so, etc. Experiment by all means - open yourself up to new insights - just not during show-time (when you're putting money on the line), do it first in your workshop.

Trying for an update tonight...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™