View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
BJennet
Grade 1

False assumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickdo View Post
B Jennet - could you possibly show a screen print of one of the races that you mentioned you won using TE ... I would like to confirm I know what you are referring to ... thanks so much.
Hi malickdo,

Since I'm using Spec 160 and I'm guessing you're using RDDS, I'm not sure a screen shot would be relevant. Whatever screen in RDDS has the 5-figure (granular) TE would be similar to 'Energy' the one I usually refer to in Spec 160. However BL/BL would also usually rank the horses in the same way.

The point I was trying to emphasize is that there's nothing I'm doing that's not typical Sartin practice. If you do any of these races using the standard Sartin method, you should be coming up with the same horses. If this isn't leading you to winners, and you want to put up a race or two from that card, I can show you what I did.

However, I don't agree with the practice of using one race, or even a series of races as a teaching tool, except to rule out the most obvious mistakes. It's important to remember that the outcome of one race or even a month's worth of races doesn't mean much. For example, even if the top TE horse wins .38 of the time, it's still going to lose .62 of the time, even if you are playing absolutely correctly. And further analysis of your losing races won't produce a higher win rate. If you continue playing within the guidelines, and eliminate low-odds horses, you will win.

Cheers,

lansdale
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote