View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

Thanks, Bill. The F8 is a button that I never use. In fact, if I place it on top of the clip where it broke off, it still functions properly. I "could" use it like this for the remainder of the meet, but rather than run the risk of getting the space dirty and being blamed for the damage, I decided to be proactive. I looked up aftermarket sites that actually sell replacement keys/clips, but none matched the key I need replaced. Furthermore, if the clip itself is broken, I have to try and replace that. Since they are sending me the box to send it back to Dell for repair, I have to honor it or risk the service call being terminated, which could jeopardize the free replacement.

Not the end of the world. It's July 22nd, so I'm hoping to have the box sent to me in the coming days (hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday). Turn around time is about 12 business days, so hopefully it will be back to me by Whitney weekend or shortly after. I've heard that turnaround times can vary toward faster than 12 days, so keeping my fingers crossed.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote