View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
rmath
Grade 1

Lone Speed

Lone Speed, in answer to your questions.
My research is and never will be the only answer to finding the true contenders in every race. But it has shown me how to get 90% of the WINNERS in the races that I play, from the top 4 VDC or top 4 CSR.
While some of the winners will always be eliminated because of a last race tightener on CSR ratings by using the best of last 3 comparable for the VDC most are covered.
As I stated earlier I was only trying to find the winner and was not trying to get the place horse (the counter energy horse in most races) in my final contenders. The place horse is in the win contenders a high percentage of the time. My only goal was to get the highest percentage of WINNERS from the lowest number of horses in each race.

Layoff horses, Turf races and maiden races with first timers, or with fewer than 3 North american running lines are harder to predict.
As I stated earlier I tried to limit my plays to races with at least 8 official starters.I also try to only play races that are at least 5.5 f upto 8.5 furlongs in distance. Races within these guidelines are the most frequently run at most North American race tracks.
Like Jimmy Bradshaw use to point out, winners usually fit into a specific set of guidelines, but the place horse would not always fit the same guidelines.

I hope this answers your questions. If not please feel free to ask again.
I will try my best to answer any and all questions regarding my research.
Yours,

rmath