View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #23
The Pook
Grade 1

Hi Mike,

Looking back I had to really think about what did I see because a case could be made for almost every horse.

I saw the 4 setting the pace at 21.7 44.7. Looking at the tandems there are only two, both slower than what I saw as the projected pace. So it made sense at the time to throw out every horse in those races leaving only 2,4 and 7. The 3 gave me pause because of her Grade 1 winning class. Tim passed the race because of her. But I thought maybe she wasn't the same losing against slower paces more recently. The 5 also looked dangerous but I thought was more of an early that would be done by the 4.

With just the 2,4 and 7 left only the 4 and 7 had done anything against the 21 quarter. I had 7 listed as an early but you can see that two back she was OTE against an even faster pace. So I thought maybe 4 to wire and 7 to catch?

You can see it was more a process of elimination for me and then see what you are left with. I get some of my biggest prices this way. Where you find a reason to throw out a whole block of horses. Works some of the time. I would say chalk usually wins anyway. Have to try and be the contrarian as best I can.

Thats my story.

Pook