View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Dorianmode
always learning

2/4/12 request for old wagering software / programming language

Good news. I found my old Sharp 5500III, and 1350 hand-held computers. AND I found the interface/tape recorder available on eBay. Now I just need a copy of the old cassette tapes that the wagering tools were put on, back in the late 80's, and I can either do a "list" to get at the programming language, or just poke around in the programming and pull out the programming lines. They were written in the (ancient) BASIC programming language. Does anyone have, or know anyone who might have, a set of those old tapes ? I would be willing to pay for them.

When I get the programs transfered back into the hand-helds, I can reconstruct the tools, put them into Google/Excel spread sheet, and post them, so folks can open them as operational programs and use them.

There were a number of useful tools...
..an algorhythm for determining approximate odds in the place pool,
..tools for overlays on the place and show pools,
..an algorhythm for calculating the EXACT odds in the win pool. ((you'd be suprised how much different they actually are, relatively,(in some cases), than the posted odds))
..a dutching calculator for 2 and 3 horses
..lots of other things I don't recall
.. many of Doc early programs, (including Q-scan for quarter horses) were available for the 1350

(all were dependant on an initial entry of the track you are playing's "take out", so they were very accurate)

When I construct the spread sheet, I can aso add entry cells to calculate some of the useful formulas Huey Mahl talked about in Follou UP's 2 and 3, (for use in determining your minimum break even #'s, etc,)

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote