View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

I don't use off track lines ever,even when todays conditions are sloppy or muddy etc. It has been my experience that the best horse still wins regardless of the off track conditions. The old muddler's axiom just doesn't hold water(pun intended) under close scrutiny,if it ever did.

I'm religiously a firm believer in the Preceptor for picking of pace lines and nothing supersedes it accept perhaps the brain and that's doubtful at best and on rare occasions. The Preceptor outperforms the old + and 0's pace lines. Now why would I say that. Because it detects hidden moves within the pace line that the eye or human brain fails to comprehend and or see. The preceptor considers all 3 Fractions and all Primary Factors. The old school + and 0's from way back when is long past its prime and while they can be used they fail to measure up when compared to the Preceptor and a waste much valuable handicapping time that should be devoted to analysis of factors,tools, analysis of horses PP's, and structure of betting etc.

Now I'm sure the naysayers will chime in and that's fine as to each their own. Its like over 30 flavors of ice cream in that some like a particular flavor and can never get past it to even try the others. Myself I like the flavor that is going to get me the most winners. Horse racing is like medicine or the medical profession in that to be successful one must keep up with new procedures, techniques or kill the patient. Well in horseracing you are the patient.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote