View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
horsecharles
AlwNW1X

Unusual Pace Matchup Questions Frontrunners

Hi.

Firstly, please allow me to thank T.C. for such a warm welcome.

Second, I would like to both thank and commend this forum as a whole for the large level of expertise in combination with such a willingness to share-- unfathomable.

With your kind permission I'd like to throw some questions at you-- and apologize beforehand for not presently using a Sartin program-- albeit i do use the latest incarnation of Synergism-- & I am a believer.

Who do you prefer and why, in the following examples:

Example 1-- ALW NW 1 6F 2YO: both frontrunners set equal adjusted early fractions -- only difference is leading-by lengths and significantly different final time)

Pacesetter 1: 21.6(hd) - 43.8(hd) - 115.1(nk) Driving
Pacesetter 2: 21.6(5½)- 43.8(4½)- 113.3(ns) Driving

I would take 1 with a finish other than driving-- otherwise, who would you take / @ what final time difference?

Example 2-- ALW NW 1 6F 2YO: difference here-- a mishmosh of different internal fractions, leading-by margins, AND type of finish(both turn time & Final Time equal btw).
Pacesetter pp 1: 21.9(5½) - 44.4(3½) - 112.6(1½) Handily
Pacesetter pp 2: 21.4(hd)- 43.9(hd)- 112.6(ns) Driving

1 will have to run a bit faster early AND undergo pressure this time. Does Handily balance things out & they hit the wire together? Btw with an equal type of finish I'd take 2... There's also a further nuance--will 2 be able to clear & cut over...

It would be nice if there was a way to quantify number / project an approx. time in such cases...

All types of comments are most welcome, thank you very, very much in advance.

PS 'Thread 2 will be re closers'.
horsecharles is offline   Reply With Quote