Bill V.
The egg man

feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
FTL

This I feel is the one of the most important questions to ask but
not sure if you have answer for it

How do you decide if to pass or play a race?

Bill feel free to comment as well
Hi Jeff

"It all depends on how I feel "

There are many reasons why I would pass a race.
The thing is one day I will pass a race, and on another day play it, Even if all the things that made me decide to pass were present in both races,

You will get many excellent replies, to this kind of question
Everybody is different, I may be much more emotional than most,
So just because I think something does not make it something you should feel.
On any given day I could be in a number of physical and emotional states that affect my decisions. I used to have to base my pass or play decisions based on my financial situation. But today I am much more solvent,
When all I had was a $20 voucher and I needed gas money to get home and enough money for admission the next day, I was more apt to pass races,
Today money is not such a burden on my decision-making process.
But I am human. Some days I feel invincible, others I feel like I just want some fun activity, other days I'm too tired and just don't want to think too much,

If I feel I can win I will make something out of just about any race I look at.
I might play win only, win-place, win place show, Just show, I might look to play an exacta, I probably will choose at least 2 horses from the race and plays doubles or a pick 2 or pick 4
Or I might just say I will pass,

We all are who we are, I am a believer in what Howard Sartin observed
That winning is a mindset If I approach a race with the mindset of a winner
I will play the race, somehow, Just about any race where all the horses have at least 3 pacelines and there are no more than 2 horses with too many unknowns but who have decent morning line odds, I will probably make some kind of wagering decision involving the race.

Good Skill
Bill