View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I would like for you (or anyone) to demonstrate to me with the current version how the problem with working tomorrow's races after midnight with today's odds still available does NOT solve the problem you reported and which I addressed point #1. Everyone who has reported such a problem, publicly or privately, has solved it by the advice I gave. Or if this is a NEW problem, I need to know, but the simplest approach is to presume a reported problem is the same as a previous one if it LOOKS the same (an engineering approach) and start from there.

Happy to see if it is something new though. I believe I could duplicate your issue with AQU4 by doing what I described in point #1. (Nuance: if you unchecked tote but did NOT restart RDSS - as the popup message warns - you would still get the problem you show).

Re point #2 - missing database - you will still have to address this, if you use the current version. Just load RDSS and when you get the Adaptive Server dialog error (can't find database), move that window aside to see the RDSS Splash screen underneath it and make a note of what the database file is which RDSS is looking for. This is what is missing.

To fix yourself - if you know how to use the Windows File Manager - reinstate that missing file from any backups you have. If no backups, then simply copy the empty RDSS2.2 RDSS database (c:\rdss22\Data\data.db) into that location which RDSS finds missing (e.g. c:\rdss2.1\Data\data.db). RDSS is not producing that 'can't find datasbase' error for no reason.

If you'd prefer I help you, no worries! Just email me, that's what I do.

I apologize that I did not address this issue earlier for you (I notice you cross-posted it in 3 threads) and also I was doing something else all day and only came up for air at dinner time.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote