View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, been doing some digging around about this, called my friends at NHPLAY, they did some digging, and their friends at XpressBet told them about Rocky Mountain Turf Club (RMTC) in beautiful Lethbridge, Alberta.

I had a very nice conversation with Max and Jason today and they gave me the following information:

1. they are indeed offering access to XpressBet's online wagering site. Whatever you see at XpressBet.com including the betting interface, video and replays, is what you get via RMTC (actually, video is free with an account - no deposit or betting required)

2. at the moment, accounts are available only to Alberta residents, though it is possible in future this may be extended to other provinces

3. Churchill Downs tracks are not available at this time (CD, FG, AP, CBY), though they are hopeful. All other North American thoroughbred and harness tracks are available - including Woodbine.

4. Although they operate the Lethbridge thoroughbred track (code LBG) this is a new relationship for them with XpressBet and they are in soft-launch mode for the past little while. Full operation and wider promotion is expected within a few weeks (July 2016)

5. Via XpressBet, they offer the same rebate schedule which XpressBet offers (see the XpressBet.com site for required handle levels and rebate rates by volume). RMTC is also offering a Bet $100, get $100 bonus offer at sign up (use RMTC100 Promo code).

6. To apply for an account, simply go to XpressBet.com, Sign Up Now, then 'Canadian Customer? click here'.

Thanks Mr Chi for prompting this investigation! For my money, XpressBet is a much better betting interface than Wodobine/HPI. Good luck to them, and good luck to Alberta residents who want an alternative to HPI.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-30-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: a few corrections
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote