View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #9
Mitch44
Grade 1

Not to be a contrarian here but after the fact we can all find a reason to have bet or have a longshot. Winners are easy after the fact and hindsight is always 100%.Also even as a contender most wouldn't bet a horse at those odds.

What I can honestly say is that the way I choose contenders this horse comes up ranked # 3 after scratches. BTW LT1 also would have had this one as a contender also. Would I have had or played it? In all honesty I can't say nor can any other unless you played it. The proof is in the pudding, its what is baked in before the taste test that counts not after the fact.

How else could this horse be gotten after the fact: if you love repeaters this horse won its last two races, won last two over the SA downhill course, improved from turf and consistent with 5 for 9 win & place(4 wins), 3 different jocks in last 3 races but if you play jocks and love Steward Elliot he's up today and your a big winner (I'm sure some lady played that and another probably liked its silks, Handily workout since last & within 9 days, only 1 point below the SR par for the race etc. etc.
Would a, should a & could a, isn't gone to put any $$ in your pocket.

From a phy. point if you believe in it then it may very well help you in the future if you make the bet.

Best of luck Bill in your quest. Handicapping is drudgery and even I attempt to streamline it through research. Its still a work in progress.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote