Thread: Pegasus Cup
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Cool Pegasus Cup

Here's my take on the race. Mucho Gusto hasn't race since September but has been working lights out along with Higher Power who broke slowly in the BC. I'm changing my mind on Seeking the Soul who hasn't shown anything in his 6 yo campaign, but I will use in exotics on his back class alone. Changed my opinion on War Story who is now my Top Pick, followed by Tax, Mucho Gusto, then Higher Power [an in and outer] and Tenfold [strong closer]. I think Mr. Freeze is more of a miler than a classic horse. Both War Story and Tax won at this distance at Monmouth this past summer while the Gusto horse has shown the most consistent ability but the layoff and track change may work against him NOT TO MENTION NO LASIX IN THE RACE. Diamond Oops may have speed and may be good up until 1-1\16 but that last 1\16 of a mile is the reason why they call this a classic distance. Horses like these hit that invisible wall in the stretch, so he'll have to prove to me he can stay the distance at this level of competition. Until he does no bet, however in the exotics he may last for 3rd or 4th.

Last edited by omar; 01-24-2020 at 10:47 AM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote