View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I have released an update to RDSS2 Beta2.5 which adds Synergism2 (either Unadjusted or Adjusted) to the list of export data file formats. This is a preliminary version to support Synergism, and as yet does not support Syn3 file format, only Syn2.

Anyone who is a registered RDSS user can download the current version here: www.rdss2.com/r2b2.5

If you are not currently using RDSS and would like to try out the export to Synergism2, simply read the RDSS Getting Started Page, then send me an email. Since I will be away on a vacation between August 24 to September 15, the normal 30 day evaluation period will be extended to September 21. Unfortunately, I won't be able to set people up for RDSS while I'm gone, so if you're interested, the sooner the better! Next week, I'll be in (or to and from) Saratoga, so my response times to emails and phone calls may be just a tad slower.

I added this export in response to interest expressed in the Poll at the top of this thread by folks who are not yet users of RDSS. You will need to master navigation and paceline selection in RDSS2, as well as establish a TrackMaster account for data. Release Notes and videos for learning all about using RDSS2 can be found at the 2 links above.

Here is a 2 part video made by Bill V explaining how to use the new Syn2 file export from RDSS2:

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/video/SYN2_Part1.mp4
http://www.sartinmethodology.com/video/SYN2_Part2.mp4

You need a video player, such as VideoLan Player to watch these videos.

The only nuance added to the software since Bill's video is a checkbox to limit exported pacelines to Primary Contenders (if you have designated some horses as Secondary, or non-Win Contenders).

Important Note: This export option is provided for people who already own a license to Synergism2 (and/or eventually Synergism3) and would like to automate data entry (i.e. use RDSS facilities to get data into Synergism). I have no plans to add a Synergism 4 export. I also cannot provide Synergism software to those who do not already own it (i.e. have at one time paid Dr Sartin for Bob Purdy for it, or bought original disks from someone else).

Enjoy the new export feature and feel free to discuss the issues, or give suggestions, in this forum.

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote