View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
lostandwon
Grade 2

You know what opinions are like...

I want to qualify my response in that I in no way wish to speak for ANYONE let alone RichieP and/or Jim Bradshaw. I also do not wish to appear to be argumentative with Bill or Mitch or anyone else that uses the various compounded factors and screens to arrive at what works for them. I’m just trying to find my own way. I happily stumbled across RDSS, pace and cap, and then, most recently, the matchup.

With that said, I am an advocate of the idea that there are only two types of running styles…E and OTE. E is on the lead and/or fighting for the lead. Everybody else is OTE. Rather than try to split hairs about P or SP or S etc delineate them via what position they run behind the lead. This isn’t my idea, it is, of course, from the Hat.

When there are varied running styles shown, make a call perhaps based on what is shown most often. Or, make a call based on where the horse wins from.

In regards to Let Him Live. He’s an OTE horse. The only time he took the lead was at a painfully slow pace of 26.6 – 51.9. Notice how he didn’t win up front? Perhaps he was out of position and uncomfortable up front. The other lines show a pace in the 23’s & 24’s. The two wins came from 10th and 8th position which may lead me to think he needs LOTS of E horses to run against AND the front end to break down for him to get up to the wire.

One other thing about the same horse showing different running styles. If a horse can win as both an E AND OTE it is a horse that is dangerous and should be given careful consideration. Again, none of these are my ideas. Just trying to implement the matchup as taught by RichieP from Jim Bradshaw.
lostandwon is offline   Reply With Quote