View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Hi Mitch

Quote:
What Pizziola used (fulcrum) was never endorsed by him or the Sartin group.
Its my opinion your statement is not entirely true.
kpmats10 says he is using the fulcrum method from Pace Makes The Race

The official title of the book is Pace Makes The Race an Introduction to the Sartin Methodology

Pizzola was one of 4 authors of the book
Mr.Bradshaw was not involved. So The Hat has a right to not agree with all of books content, But I disagree with you when you say the fulcrum method is not nor never was endorsed by the Sartin Methodology.

The book PMTR is official literature in the history of the Methodology.
Howard Sartin himself is a co author. I believe there are methods in the follow ups and in the book that Howard did not fully agree with but he published them, If the contributor could prove to him these methods worked,

Later after PMTR was published, Howard asked and his name and his contributions were removed, But when asked he simply said that he felt the
book was too simplistic and that he had better tools for getting higher mutuals.

I feel the fulcrum method in PMTR has some faults but I still use it
confidently, Using only the last line and finding the fastest POR 2nd call were the horse was beaten less than 5 lengths at todays distance, track, and surface. and the line is not unusual for the horse , Aberrant. If none of these factors apply, there is no fulcrum,
There is no reason you have to use a non representative line. You do not necessarily have to make a fulcrum in every race, Even in the book,
Pizzola shows a example of a non fulcrum race/ winner.

Thanks
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote