View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

THOROMATION Windows XP

As many know it is very hard to capture graphics in a DOS based program in full screen mode using windows XP. My version of THOROMATION will always go into full screen mode regardless if I hit alt-enter to try to switch modes it will not work. The version that Forego uses at least allows screen captures of the text, but not the graphics.

On the other hand if I use Windows 98 I can capture the text and graphics on my version of THOROMATION. Windows 98 complains when I try to switch the graphics to a DOS window, but I am able to do so although it is a tedious process.

I just found a program that Microsoft supports that works under Windows XP Professional which some people may find helpful if you are still running certain DOS applications. It is called Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. From what I have read on the web site it allows you to load other operating systems (DOS, WINDOWS 95, WINDOWS 98) on a "Virtual" machine and seems to avoid some of the headaches involved in a Multi-Boot system.

This may come in handy for some people who want to switch to Windows XP and still be able to run the older Dos based programs. They do not mention if it will work on Windows Home Edition so that might be a consideration also.

The link if anyone is interested is http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...rview2004.mspx
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote