View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
kpmats10
AlwNW2X

1 – Coming off 90+ day layoff, but does show steady, consistent work pattern. 0-4 on turf. 4th highest class rating in the field, but 6th in class on turf with low EPS and uncompetitve TPR. Non contender. Run style - E
2 – first NA start after 120 day layoff, no useable line and earnings do not mandate this horse a contender. Cannot determine run style
3 – Horse has never not run a + or (+) race in 7 starts, but this is her turf debut for a low 1st time turf trainer, she’s a half to one turf runner out of 9 foals the dam has dropped, sire is a C+ turf sire and damsire is F turf sire. Don’t like the gaps in the works between Jan 26 and Feb 13. 5th in APV, 3rd in EPS and third in class, should be in the contender mix, but before I run this horse through the computer, I’m not thinking this is a serious threat to win. Run style - S
4 – Classy horse coming off a long layoff. Steady works for strong layoff trainer. Interesting how CB lost this horse for whatever reason. Has run well off a layoff previously. Contender. Run style - S
5 – 4th in APV, 2nd in EPS, 2nd in class to the 4 horse, but has the highest EPS on turf and highest class on turf. In razor sharp form, steps up in class from statebred to open off win, definite contender. Run style - P
6 – Another layoff horse for low percentage trainer. 2nd in turf APV and 5th in turf EPS and class. Competitive TPR. Perhaps marginal contender? Run style - S
7 – Has recent + race over this surface, 2nd in turf APV, 3rd in turf EPS, 3rd in class, very competitive TPR. Contender. Run style - P
8 – Non contender
9 – Non contender
10 – Beaten 4 lengths by the 8 in her last race, 4th highest turf class rating and EPS, but this could be due to the many maiden tries this horse needed. Non contender. Run style – E/P

3-4-5-6-7 are the contender mix.
Pacelines –
3 – Last line
4 – This is tricky because to get a + or (+) paceline, you have to go back to June of her three year old year in a straight 3YO race. I’ll use the last line, even though it’s a 0 race with no visible excuse. It was vs. elders and the horse was up close at the stretch call and finish. On the par time charts, this is a 5 level class drop between SAR and FG.
5 – Since the last two races were technically “sprints”, to get an accurate readout I’ll use the line 3 back despite that race being first off a long layoff.
6 – same paceline reasoning as the 4. I’ll use the last line but would go back to the July 9 race at AP, which is a +
7 – Last line

See readouts –
My top 2 are the 5 and 7
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 03-09_05.FG.pdf (9.4 KB, 644 views)
kpmats10 is offline   Reply With Quote