View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #15
mnl97
Broke Down

One thing I didn't like about the original excel spreadsheet was the the count and %rank figures did not change when using a filter. If I filtered by 6 furlong races only, the count and and rank % still showed all races. I changed the formulas to where they only represented the filtered data. In other words what you see after filtering is what is reflected in the formula's. It was easy to modify the count formula using the subtotal function. The rank % formula is much more complicated. I'm attaching my current spreadsheet for Saratoga. Its been a work in progress. The advantage of using the new formulas is that you can put all race data on one spreadsheet and then use the filter function to separate out distance, surface, etc.

I've also added sort of a front end table that only shows data of which I'm interested. Plus I have a place to document the stats of the winning horse as well as a place to record wagers. I enter the export data for the winning horse only and the use a copy formula in the front table.

This is a work in progress. I've BEEN changing the spreadsheet as I learn more about RDSS.

I'm looking forward to this thread. I'm sure I can learn alot from you guys in using excel but also in handicapping / wagercapping.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx SAR MODEL.xlsx (488.0 KB, 388 views)
mnl97 is offline   Reply With Quote