View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #16
Mitch44
Grade 1

Its a no brainer who the two best horses are in Entropy. Also the gap between the top 2(10 & 11) and others are easily distinguishable for DD or P3. Reducing it to two horses with that kind of gaps cuts your extension( out-lay) on DD's and P -3's which means less in and more profit.

Actually V/DC is an improved Entropy and a much better tool. However the "Doc" made it difficult for program users to understand it. I guess to keep the thieves away. I still have a through understanding with it but can't determine gaps etc. I mean how much difference is 0.0 verses 0.5 or 0.7. Makes it hard to separate contenders.

Rankings like Entropy or the Primary Line score are more easily discernable. Rankings like 1,2,3,4, etc the difference is always One and not much help to separate contenders. TPR is a perfect example if ranking them by a rank, it's the difference in total TPR that's important, the gaps etc.

In the example above Lady and Krist are a toss. Krist is all early and wont be there at the finish. Aboun is marginal and a keeper for a P-3. Horses with several rankings of 4 & 5's are non contenders.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 05-15-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote