View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

I view this as a tough race and not a prime betting opportunity.

With that said I don't think the # 5 is a NTL. From a matchup point of view its the speed of the race and perhaps only the # 8 can challenge it. If one of those is out of form ,break s bad etc. the other should have an easy trip. If more speed was present than it may set up better for a closer.
Several contenders in here that a case can be made for so odds can be of help.
# 5 steps up about 3 levels after a win at NW3L and must prove open company. Last a throw & returns to a better dis. Pace indicates can do it. Probably will be bet down.
# 2 returns to a better dis. for style and in previous races at the dis. showed better speed for the dis.
# 3 won and takes a big class jump, an unknown factor that must prove a lot. Has good balance in last & can rate. Only 1 dirt race & won plus a 4 yr old that may leek improving so an Unknown . Could pick up a piece and pass tiring horses at a price.
# 8 needed last and dropping today. Is this a suspicious drop? I think only after the race will answer this.
# 6 claimed 5 back and trainer actually improved and has very poor trainer stats, Returns sane class and to a distance it has won at 5 x& placed 9X Beat the 8 in last (Tandem) and drops to a better level. Not out of this.
Really tough one but I'll go 8-2-5-6-1
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote