Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I have been listening to some of the old seminar tapes to help pass the
time while Im working.I wanted to know if any folks out there will pick
the contenders before they start running the programs or because of
downloading this is a thing of the past.

I do it the same old way every single day.

Pick the contenders, throw out the pretenders, pick lines for the contenders and let the program of choice do its' thing.

Why should it be any different now than back then?

Let's say you are using RDSS and downloading files from Trackmaster.
When you open the race card for today, it's like opening the Racing Form to the track you want to play. When you open one of the races in RDSS, it's like turning to the page in the Racing Form to the race you want to play. So where is the difference?

From what I have seen, it isn't the downloading that is different, it's the "approach" that is different.

Years ago, the idea was NEVER to pick a line for EVERY HORSE in the race and then try to "get down" to five contenders. The idea was to pick contenders, regardless of how many there were. Maybe you would get 8, maybe you would get 1. In other words, you HANDICAPPED the race in order to get your contenders, THEN you picked lines for them, THEN you entered them into the computer program.

There is nothing different today just because you download race files rather than purchase a Racing Form.