View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I am stumped. I hope it is temporary.

I tried this solution on 4 separate computers where I have RDSS installed (all Windows 10). With Tote enabled, response was sluggish to unusable on each one. With Tote disabled, responsiveness was normal.

One person wrote me that disabling tote did nothing, but when he refreshed his Registration (on Registration Tab, clicked on Update Registration Info button) then restarted RDSS, the non-responsiveness went away. I can't see why that would do ANYTHING. But last I heard he was happy

2 other people wrote me that disabling tote did nothing for them. Then again, last month, someone tried a solution like that but it turned out they had mis-typed the Tote_enabled=0 instructions, while another person put it not in the [General] section.

If you have tried the above recommended solution and it didn't work, please email me as an email attachment your Configure File to support@sartinmethodology.com. The file is named c:\rdss2.1\Configure\Configure.ini in your Windows File Explorer. I will check any files I receive to make sure the Tote_enabled instructions are entered correctly.

I would like to hear from anyone who is NOT experiencing this problem today, either with Tote enabled or Disabled. This would prove that the problem is NOT just a RDSS problem, but something else (Windows update, internet connection, intermittent TwinSpires server problem, regional access to TwinSpires , moonbeams ...)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™