View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
Bill V.
The egg man

one lump or two

Hello Bill H.

I appreciate your post on this matter but I think I disagree,
Nobody should tell anybody how to bet .
To me if you bet on one horse and lose you are flying in the face of basic Sartin Methodology guidelines and principles.
However there is no rule in the methodology that says you must bet 2 horses to win.
2 horse betting is a good option and its just a better approach for most people. But its just that, an option.

One horse betting is your right just as is betting two to win, one win and one win/place or one horse to place, or two horses to place.
Or as some like Patrick have shown a good profit can be made with two horses to win and place.

I have to disagree with your feeling that each bet should be counted as a separate hit If so your basically saying people who bet 2 horses to win either 50/50 or 60/40 or what ever proportional amounts should also not be given a hit, because with their win they also have a loss bet
unless there is a dead heat. If so then to me it comes across like those who bet place are unworthy and should be punished.
I think if you make a bet in what ever structure is to your ABILITY and taste and that bet provides you with a profit over the cost of your bet, than that is what should be the most important factor and if you show a profit over the cost of your bet in any amount you deserve a hit
I also am happy you mention that the Learn To Win contest is unlike all the rest
I take that as a compliment and I know Ted does too. It was our goal !

GS
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote