View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
lone speed
Grade 1

Hear!! Hear!!

A round of applause is well deserved for Bill V. for his Herculean efforts of time commitment for managing the monthly contests and to both For the Lead and Bill V. for their well written thoughts and analyses of races using Rdss.

I used to look forward to the problem race section of each follow up as well the positive mental pep talk and the psychology topics of Howard Sartin. The only complaint were that each follow up issues were two months apart and there were no instant feedbacks and questions and answers like we have today, here at Pace and Cap board.

There is an old Latin saying, "Equi donati dentes non inspiciuntur." Today, this saying has been translated to “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.” I do not know Latin, I just looked it up. It has been very generous of For the Lead and Bill V. to give so much of their personal time to share their insights on their approach to picking pacelines and analyzing races using Rdss. We may not agree 100% completely with their style or their analyses, but we can all agree that we appreciated immensely their time and their sharing of their thoughts and their teachings…..

I know there are expert players who are experienced in their crafts and skill sets, but we are not fortunate to read about their “modus operandi.” I have read about DJ of San Diego who only plays the turf races at Del Mar as he focused on the best two sustained runners on Sartin programs. I know that Tom Brohamer focused on claiming races above $25K only and up. Maybe, Ted Craven or one of our readers will take this game to another level or be that “player” that Sartin envisioned in his later years using one of his programs.

Most of these successful players focused on their strengths or exploited their own niche in this endeavor. It is not the number of years they had under their belt playing this game but their visionary ideas to attack the pari-mutuel window through their own personal strengths or “modus operandi.”

We can only benefit by shortening our personal learning curve and to model the success of others….It is a thousand times better than to hear the constant barrage of naysayers with their negativism. Success breeds success.

I wish Ted Craven the best success to continue the legacy of Howard Sartin and to make his own legacy by taking the methodology to another frontier of success and advancement.

Good skills to all….
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote