View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

2017 M4$ Contest

Name:  2017 M4$.pdf (1 page) 2017-06-15 19-18-52.png
Views: 765
Size:  25.3 KB

Pook is hankering for a little side action again and so is proposing the 2017 version of the M4$ Challenge.
Lets spice things up a little on Pace&Cap with some fun open to ALL MEMBERS (Not just Matchers!).

This contest, if it proceeds, will take place in the M4$ subforum of the Matchup section. It will differ somewhat from previous M4$ challenges in the following ways.
1. No documentation required. It will be assumed that members of this site are practitioners of The Sartin Methodology and will be using said methods to deduce their selections. Documentation is encouraged however because it adds credence to opinions whether right or wrong. In other words you will look cooler if you lay out your thinking.
2. No posting of races by contestants. The Pook will post NYRA's fifth race every Friday starting with Saratogas first Friday race, on Thursday nights which will be the contest race whether it is truly matchable or not. This will extend into the Belmont fall meet and maybe even Aqueduct.
3. The winner will be the first to accumulate 10 wins, however many races that takes.
4. There will be a $100US buy-in payable by Paypal or electronic transfer to the winner immediately upon completion.
5. If more than one player ties at 10 wins there will be a tiebreaker on the following NYRA Friday race using ROI to be determined with more detail at the time if this in fact occurs.

*Entries time stamps can be no later than race off time.
*2 choices per entry.
*Scratches will be substituted with the post time favourite.
*Minimum 11 entrants to facilitate a minimum $1000 winners prize.

I have chosen Friday as the contest day for selfish reasons. I Match five days a week Monday to Friday and do not wish to always be involved on weekends too. The 5th race from what I have observed is very often a good race for handicapping although I am sure there will be a few dogs.
If interested in playing reply here or in the same thread in the General Discussion forum. When and if ten players sign on it will be a go. I think I have covered everything but if not or you have questions reply here or PM me.

Thanks to Bill V. and Ted Craven for providing this website for us to learn and use Sartin or Bradshaw or any hybrid thereof in our passion for capping.

Pook

Last edited by The Pook; 06-15-2017 at 09:16 PM.
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote