View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Neil S.
Grade 1

I too realize that the Breeder's Cup is too hard to be able to dominate so for psychological reasons I sprayed 2 dollar win bets over all of my contenders in every event as well as a handful of higher priced Euros and emerged with 12 winners in 14 races and a very modest profit. I did manage to find two solid plays amongst the mine fields and went 1 for 2.

Rose Catherine ( had fastest pace of last race as a lone sprinter stretching out) She ran her eyeballs out but placed (No kids- I bet straight win)

Dancing in Silks-Cost of Freedom (not only was this the best odds play of the two days it had a number of matchup scenarios such as a race loaded with Earlies and these two had running styles that would place them off a ridiculous pace and positionally would give them the jump on the better supported "closers". Playing a 60-40 dutch using the morning line as my guide I put $6 on Dancing and $4 on Cost of Freedom as my main bets with the aforementioned spraying of contenders. Needless to say I got 8 dollars worth of a $52.60 winner that washed away any thoughts of how brutal the BC is to bet.
Not bragging here but the value is so amazing on each of these races that you can be right a fraction of the time and still emerge with a heatlhy profit.

Neil
Neil S. is offline   Reply With Quote