View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #39
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Checkmark. I joined the Sartin group in 1990. One of the first things I learned was to use the best of the last 3 lines at a comparable dist and surface. This is what I have done ever since. When newer members reach out to me I always recommend that they read the publishers' section of FU #81 and then watch the 1998 Doc videos available in the library. By doing this you will read and hear the Doc,unfiltered, recommending how members should select contenders and pacelines. I am aware that there are winning members on this site who use various other approaches , such the last line except for a valid excuse, the Hats' matchup approach,etc. When a newer member reads the various post on the subject it can become confusing at times. By listening to the Doc himself you get his thought and recommendations. I recommend starting there. After one establishes his or her confidence in their contender and paceline and are showing a profit then by all means feel free to check out other approaches.
Tim