View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 12:30 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jon and Reddog -

This card at Gulfstream on Sunday was also reported to me Sunday night by Equibase because someone had reported their RDSS missing a line in Race 2 for the #2 Royal Wintour, the winner. They provided the print PPs to prove their data included the horse's last running line.

Now I see something happened in Race 1 as well, perhaps other races as well. I told Equibase and the other RDSS user it was clearly an RDSS issue with interpreting the data received from TrackMaster, which is the case almost 100% of the time, though TrackMaster may be reporting types of data which RDSS does not know how to handle.

So far, I got around to noting that all the adjustment data for that missing 8f race on Turf (not sure inner or outer) seemed present in the RDSS Partimes adjustment table. In previous years, new distance/surface combos never seen before would cause a race to be omitted.

Jon - your message during Convert about 'Value 560 out of range for destination' is helpful. When I Converted that card, I did not receive that message. I will trace that race through Convert and then Assemble and compare to Equibase PPs to see why horses in those 2 races (maybe others) are missing running lines. It must be some new/incompatible or never before seen values in the TrackMaster data files which RDSS does not know how to handle. I'll report back here.

Reddog - please report any such problems like this in a thread here at PaceandCap - General Forum. Or send me an email ASAP.

Don - thanks for providing my email support address!

(Moving this thread out of the TwinSpires Problem Forum and thread - nothing to do with TwinSpires).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote