Thread: 1st Day on RDSS
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #15
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Thanks Shoeless,

With regard to RDSS I can only speak as I find. I've used it three times now, once at Woodbine & twice at Delaware & on all three occasions I've made money.

One area that I am having to start thinking about is the highly rated short price favourite. As noted earlier I threw out two and had a terrific score, but this is obviously going to the the exception rather than the rule. I threw out one last night that won. It was clearly the best horse and beat one of my choices into second. There is presumably a cut off point where either the exacta or passing the race is the only realistic way forward. I was tempted to ask Ted for a touch of guidance on where I ought to draw the line in terms of throwing out a horse or passing a race depending on the level of it's superiority. I suspect the correct answer though is to analyse my own records based on my own paceline selections.

One thing that has become apparent though, after starting to use RDSS, when I now re-read the Follow Up things make a lot more sense & I am having a lot more "oh yes" moments.