Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Ted,

Just want to let you know that Bob Purdy has given me permission
to give the Synergism program at my discression.I have e mailed him
many times in the past and he is a very nice guy.

But this does not mean that I will do so.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I understand that Bob Purdy has given YOU permission to share Synergism, but he has not given ME permission. I presume that many people are sharing all kinds of older Sartin software regardless of what rules I enforce at PaceandCap, and that is not something I seek to control, only express my opinion.

If people ask YOU if you will share Synergism with them, I know you will respond as you see fit. If people ask here on PaceandCap for someone to share Synergism with them, I must respond as I responded above to raceman (Bob) - UNTIL I get the same permission from Bob Purdy.

If you are able to (or interested) in facilitating this, I will be grateful, and thanks in advance!

FWIW, if one day in the future I decided to retire from publishing and supporting RDSS, but it remained available by the grape-vine, I imagine I would also appreciate it if someone asked my permission to share it with a friend who had not once upon a time paid me anything for it. And I imagine I would be appreciative if someone else said 'well, I shouldn't share this without either asking, or compensating Ted somehow for that past work'. Just my imagination at work ...

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-05-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote