View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
For The Lead
Grade 1

Tandems

I wrote a post not long ago on this subject. The point of my post was situations where horse "A" ( a closer) is beat by horse "B" ( a lone early). When these two horses meet again and horse "B" is now confronted with other early types capable of running like early fractions, cannot horse "A" reverse the previous order of finish between the two of them? The same holds true for the reverse of this scenario.

If I remember correctly, RICHIE replied indicating he uses tandems when it is to his benefit to use them, otherwise he doesn't.

It is my opinion that the whole concept of the match up is just thrown out the window when one horse is summarily dismissed because it was beaten by another horse.

If two horses entered in today's race have raced together previously, you must know the match up from their previous race and apply that match up to today's race. That is to say, the match up from their previous race must be compared to the match up of today's race in order to determine if the match ups are similar and MAY lead to a similar race and finish or if that finish can be reversed.