View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi Marc...

You quoted "on the wrong track".....definitely not!!

This is an excellent post on what you have learned and how you applied it to The Match. Trial and error will always give us those ups and downs when we start something new but its all in the process of learning. I have been doing this for over a year now and its still a work in progress for me. Unfortunately I cant devote the time needed but its been lots of fun.

In your post I see that you don't apply tandems , believe me ..DO IT...9 out of 10 times if will bite you if you think he can reverse it.

Also you didn't mentioned "projected pace of race"....this is a biggie for me...if a horse cant win vs a projected time , it should be eliminated.
I prefer sprint races, I cant pick a route if it had one horse in the race...so sticking with your strengths will also limit the # of races that you cap..

Keep up the good work and post some races for the gang here so that all can give there opinions...

mike

p.s- while I was typing this, I'm playing Hawthorne ...look at the 6th race... # 2 big fav and lone speed? cant hold a lead at any fractional time and has to go a 1/2 fur longer...ha ha...
So a projected pace might be 22.2 46.1

Who can handle this and come close at the finish?

#4 wins easy at 5-1...2 out of his last 4 races he came within 5 lts and the pace of race was 22 qtrs and 45 halves..

Read The 5 step Approach over and over again...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf darley_167143.pdf (135.0 KB, 2106 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 10-02-2009 at 06:22 PM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote