View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #38
The Pook
Grade 1

I was thinking last week that I hadn't seen any bad breakdowns for weeks and even months at the tracks I follow. I was wondering whether something had changed in drug policies and that they were being used less. Then came Sunday. And today I saw a breakdown in the stretch in the 3rd at Delaware. I hate it.

Maybe it is just random or maybe their are improvements. The motive for drugs is profit. And like you say trainers are under pressure to produce results. Nobody wants to see injuries but I guess the feeling is to squeeze out as much as you can from every horse.

I think I read somewhere that an overall drug policy for all the US is trying to come together. What would happen if all drugs were banned and it was strictly enforced. Would it be so bad. It would be a level playing field. There would be cheaters but if the penalty was a lifetime expulsion for an infraction there might not be many. Isn't European racing much more drug free and injury free. Except maybe those nasty steeplechase races.

Pook
(This is a good discussion Hoof. I will try and get our last few posts moved to the general discussion area so that more can see and chime in.)