View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 01:15 AM   #8
lone speed
Grade 1

Classic Tandem Reversal

Bill,

First off, I wanted to thank you for your "Herculean Efforts" in posting these races showing new members and prior...your steps in a concise and repeatable format.

I wanted to go back and review this race because it a perfect race to show "The Classic Tandem Reversal"

Name:  Snap 2018-08-02 at 21.50.19.png
Views: 911
Size:  295.6 KB

Now, previous Sartin teaching members like Marion Jones, taught us to use the same beaten lengths for horses that came out of the same race and finished within two lengths at the finish line.

The eventual race winner; Good Magic went off at 2/5 so it did not surprised a soul but the race itself provides a perfect example of "The Classic Tandem Reversal"......

In the Preakness Race, Good Magic fought and pushed the Triple Crown Champion, Justify throughout the early fractions before succumbing at the finish line and finishing behind Justify and Bravazo - who is also entered in this race.

But in this race- what is different is this match-up??? Justify is not in the race to fight the early pace fractions against Good Magic. The pace fractions from the Preakness happens to be the best (adjusted) in this particular match-up in the Haskell.

So today, Good Magic will not have to face Justify's early energy expenditure and it appears that no other entrant is capable to match- up with the early pace fractions. This will allow Good Magic to run a softer early pace thus it will have more conserved energy to run the late part of the race. Good Magic will reverse the tandem with Bravazo.

In Jim Bradshaw's teaching, Good Magic can save one tick (or more) of early pace energy in this match-up. This one tick in early pace energy conservation is worth two ticks at the end of the race.

Name:  Snap 2018-08-02 at 21.51.27.png
Views: 865
Size:  166.3 KB

In another aspect, I normally have no hesitation entering more than one pace line for one racehorse. Bill, You entered two pace lines for Core Beliefs and you used the Preakness pace line for Bravazo but you did not used the same Preakness pace line for Good Magic.

Thanks again Bill for your sharing....
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote