View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
NeedForSpeed
AlwNW3X

First off Ted don’t ever think you’ve got too much to say. Everything you’ve got is appreciated and needed. Like you said I can think like the masses and lose and that’s exactly what I’ve always done. I’ve got a lot to unlearn and it’s going to take time and practice to do that. As far as the race goes it appears it’s lucky we are even talking about this. I entered all the scratches at one point but because I have been clearing and starting over so much I’m sure I erased them. So it’s a good thing this came up because it’s something I will see a whole heck of a lot going forward. Thanks for showing me the proper way to read the TPR+EL tab. I will use that as I look at contenders. Your reasoning makes it clear to me that this horse is a contender.

Jim it’s really cool you can respond to my start up ramblings and bring a ton of experience. When you get to that “other day” I hope I am there to read about it. You gave me a lot to think about which is why I am here. Go off on as many tangents as you like you are right they all interrelate and I can take a lot from them. One thing I am doing that I’ve learned is to decide my contenders first and to leave pace line completely out of it. I look straight at that horse and only that horse. If you are saying that during contender selection I can try to interrelate all the horses then great I would love to learn how. If you want to see how I have been going about things here is the first race I broke down on here. I separated contender from pace line but I may not be looking at it the best way that I can.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9200

I want to become decent at this so with someone as accomplished such as you are there are no limits to what I would like to hear. I need to do things wrong so I can learn from it.

Bill V you have always been great with your responses I am always learning something new from you. I like what you said about Sartin and the use of ASP. You read off a number of values for the horse in question. Can you expand on that? How can I look at those numbers and make a judgment?

After reading all of these posts I am going to use line 3 from this horse. But then again I’m not going to use any line since the horse has scratched. :-) I’m going to renter the scratches and post a work up of this race with my selections making sure I use the advice you all have given.

My goal is what it will always be here. Use the Sartin methodology and learn what works for me by working hard and practice practice practice.

Last edited by NeedForSpeed; 06-15-2013 at 05:19 PM.