Thread: projecting pace
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #27
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin13892002 View Post
Mike,

I am a 100% Matcher. Have been trying hard to get it since Jim and Richie were posting way back when. Ever since learning the Match-Up, my win % had def. gone up. It lets you get rid of non-contenders you would normally keep in by traditional handicapping. I have recently taken it a bit further, and through doing some of my own research, I have found a nice way to help figure some horses out, and get rid of non-contenders, but Jim was just the best of the best.

The match-up is different and should be looked at differently from all aspects. Don't read what Jim wrote years back, but really think about what he is writing. Read between the lines of what he is saying.

For example, when Jim wrote that 5 and 5 1/2 furlong races are over so quick its hard for a horse to recover from any trouble. Think about that! He is basically saying, the pace will usually win sprints, atleast thats what I get out of it.

I would really suggest anybody intersted in learning the Match-Up, to not use positioning. I believe thats for running styles only. Beaten Lengths is for the actual "Match-up" of pace-lines, and how a horse responds.

Just an opinion.
Hey we got one...lets reel him in...

thxs justin for your post

If you can tell me/us by how u get rid of non-contenders and what your research has given you would be very helpful...

thxs

mike