Thread: Suggestions Box
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #42
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
I've been thinking a little about this recently as it happens. I'll throw my half baked ideas into the ring.

As is, the Excel export is geared towards race analysis. From the perspective of an individual horse it might be an idea to add an additional export button or box to tick for individual horse format.

Ideas for individual horse 10 line export.
1st section replicates the original screen, at least up to the Finish Position column. Also the workout, trip tabs and top section earnings/win% box and standard horse data.

This would allow anyone to conduct basic form analysis in Excel, perhaps somewhere when RDSS isn't available to them, but Excel is.
If it's easier, this could be added to the end of the current export. This would avoid any wholesale changes to existing spreadsheets used to extrapolate data.

Personally, I would find it a great benefit to have the basic horse data as a part of the excel export. Hopefully others think so to.
Hopefully too it isn't too onerous a task to add.

Dave,

I have been tinkering with Exporting EVERYTHING to Excel or CSV, every horse's data, workouts, the Tandem comparison screens, Tote (including Exacta/Quinella and Double grids) - everything. This essentially exists in the Cache folder system for each race, but just not in a common public format. Getting a separate Excel template (separate from the Analysis export) to hold such data is the main time issue, otherwise all the data just looks like a jumble. With those Excel or CSV files, one can do whatever one wants. I wouldn't mind 'crowd sourcing' the creation of pretty Excel files, once the layout is nailed down.

Also Result Charts - both standalone for the race, and integrated into the horse's PPs (i.e. each horse's performance in today's race is line 0) - exported in Excel and/or CSV format.

Several others have suggested this, which is why I have been working on it.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote