Thread: CT test
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #23
lone speed
Grade 1

Cool Intrinsic value

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post

I take a lot of heat for analyzing a horse after it won or a race after it is over. Most recently, that was the case with the horse that won the CT race. It was the only horse shown so I looked it and offered and alternate look at it to allow people to see the horse in a different light. (my alternate look was based on what I just laid our for you) When I think about it, I can’t recall any teaching race in any follow up that was shown before that race was run. Funny how that works. When trying to teach you use examples. Examples naturally come from past experience. I can’t think of any author who writes a book illustrating how to lose races. I doubt that that would be a very big seller. Authors always show old races, races that are long since over, as examples of how to get a winner. I wonder if they get heat too? Nahhh. They just get money from the sale of their book that “red boards” on every other page! But, hey, who cares? People hand over their money and are happy to so if it means learning how to pick more winners. As far as they are concerned..."red boarding" be damned. Just show us how to get more winners!
You have been around here a long time. I think you understand that my interest has always been in trying to help people to get more winners. And what the hell, it doesn't even cost anything!
Intrinsic value:
The intrinsic value does not depend on what the world thinks. It is something of value to us regardless of what others think and what it costs us to live those beliefs.

FTL..

I for one have always looked forward to your contributions of your well thought out and well written detailed posts. it takes effort, energy and time to write out our inner thoughts on the point of discussions.

I would rather read your contributions a thousand times over some spewed out post of someone's picks before the race or a "Red Boarder" who posted his supposedly winning picks after a race is over.

I have said it many times over that I would rather "learn to fish to live" versus "being given a fish to eat".

FTL, many thanks for your invaluable insights and contributions over the years. They provided many impetus to think outside the proverbial box and to approach the game from the gained experiences and wisdom from someone who has selfishly shared their knowledge freely in a public settings without writing a book.

Sincerely

Lone Speed
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote