View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
mowens33
Grade 1
 
mowens33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: CAMBRIDGE,MA
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Mike and Ryan

Ryan all I can tell you is I have a very big involved database from Parx
but It did not start out big The best thing to do is start small. Just track a very few factors then slowly start to add other things
as you feel you need more. I started out just keeping trak of the EPR and LPR early late difference now after 1.5 years I have many factors
but I added new ones over time not all at once. Keep it simple I think its best to make your own models - profiles
You will see that understanding 1 track will help you with the match up and energy distribution for any track
If you just look at a few winning pace lines from that track.


Mike your work looks good. I do sort of the same thing with my Parx database
Its a model - profile combo - I track many factors. The data is only from the result for the winner of the race. There are only a few bits of info I keep track of in regards to pace lines. the first is if the winner comes from a plus or plus within a zero race in its most recent race at a comparable distance and surface and competition level. I also keep track of days since the last race. I always run the last line for a winner to see is EPR LPR and TPR early late and energy in the race proceeding the winners effort . I then run the winners result line and get the
EPR - LPR and TPR - Early Late energy from the win itself. I know you can not do this with RDSS2, yet
I do this with Entropy but soon you will be able to do it with RDSS2.

I see you have a Running Style factor. Is this your visual assessment of the winner or is it the RDSS2 generated running style or is it from the energy
excretion from the pace line you used ?

Thanks
Bill
Bill, thanks for taking the time to review! The running style is generated by RDSS2
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote