Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsrr
Dear Don'tSayDon't...GP doesn't have 2 turf courses...but in some races they move the rail out so far that when you are viewing the race on a screen or TV it looks as tho they have another Turf course...that turf course is extremely wide which gives them the option of moving that rail in and out to keep the course in good shape....I wish FG would do that because the Turf Course at FG is a total disaster
|
Yes they only have one turf course but the way they are segregating it seem to make it work like 2 courses. That is the reason I use "outer" or "inner". Either on the course they make from the farthest out rails and one for the nearest in rails.
I think it would be hard for GP to move the rails between races. I don't recall the exact races but it would be like race 7, 5F turf, rail set at 108ft, then the very next race, race 8, 5F turf, rail set at 48ft. It seems they are dividing the main turf course and making it 2 semi different courses on the same main course. I haven't watched enough races to determine if that is a fact. Or do they actually move the rails between races?
I understand the reason for moving the rails in and out to prevent more damage to the inner portion of the turf course. But it seems GP is doing slightly more than that. Hence I think they should quantify the 2 different courses that they are creating.
Anyone have more information on this point? I for one would like to know.
Ray
ps. Thanks for the reply atkinsrr