Thread: 2/22/14 Tup #5
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
khannamark
improver
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto Ont. Canada
Posts: 21
Tup 5th FEb22

Hi,
I have following this thread with interest and just handicapped the 5th at Tup Feb22.My comment is after the race ran , I did not win the race, and claim no credit. However I would like to share my thoughts and approach with you.
I thought the race revolved around the 6 horse. A sprinter who would be forced to run fast early to get the lead, he is the type of speed that could open up 3-4 lengths on the field. If another speed horse was going to win he would have to be capable of running from many lengths behind. Most of the field had not shown a capability to do this.
More likely the winner would be an OTE who lags at the back of the field early,and consistently passes horses, regardless how far back he is. The 10,8 and the 5 fit this pattern. Eliminating the 10 for poor form and also because he had won from close up, I chose the 8 because of his tandem win over the 5 on Dec 10.I missed that the 5's last race was much better than the 8's. No I did not bet anything in the race.
I have seen such races before, and this pattern often recurs. Any comments?
khannamark is offline   Reply With Quote