|
Ted,
I could easily see the Lone Early in the 6 horse field and also figured the public to bet with both hands. That being said I passed the race because I figured the horse would go off at close to 9/5 which is a reasonable expectation and figured even if the public took a stab at something offering a price the odds may be 20% more which brings us to roughly what the horse paid. The Hat did say "It's a dang horse race" and I totally understand this is a teaching exercise for many new to the game, but a horse race is a horse race and anything can happen once the gates open. For the sake of a winner I'm not inclined to make that bet and my point. I agree that this exercise shows a simple match-up and that labelling each horse with it's proper run style is so important because many races are not as easy. At the end of the day each investment for me always must offer me more than just the winner.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
|