|
hi Kahunab...read your post yesterday...very informative and interesting...but I would like to make a comment about #4..where you mention why would we ever bet a horse with a CSR rating over 5? Personally I bet higher class horses, mostly stakes and most of them are on the turf. The CSR rating is one factor that I don't use. In the type races that I hcp and bet I have quite a few winners where the CSR is higher than 5.
Yesterday @ GP Naples Bay won and paid me $18.20 in a G3 and her CSR was a 10.
Also looking back to the Breeders Cup turf sprint Mizdirection, who was undefeated on the S.A. downhill turf won with a CSR of 13. I just wanted to caution you about using this number in higher class races such as G1 G2 G3. Yesterday @ S.A. Jeranimo won a G2 on the turf and his original CSR was a 7, and after the program started 2 horses in the race scratched and his CSR dropped to a 5. Hope my comments are helpful...
|