Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V.
Hello FTL
Maybe the person making the weights needs to make an adjustment
Yes the top weight horse is winning but based on the odds they won at
was it really a race ?
Unlike the Met Handicap which had a $11 winner and a photo finish
These 3 Parx races saw a $2.20 and yesterday was a $5.00 winner and 1 winner at $3 something
Bill
Attachment 34345
Attachment 34346
Attachment 34347
|
Hi Bill,
I don't know what adjustment could be made. The idea is to make the best horse (in the racing secretary's opinion) carry the most weight and then scale the weights down from there.
If you read my post (below) you will see that the racing secretary "hopes" and "encourages" the high weighted horses to enter, which will make for a more competitive race and also better odds for the betting public. Like any other type of race, this doesn't always happen.
Keep in mind that the top weighted horse is not necessarily the winner of the race. As I said from the outset, the winner generally comes from one of the top three high weighted horses. And to further reinforce my earlier comments, nothing in racing is 100%. I thought I would provide this information to help with a starting point for contenders in these types of races. Perhaps this will also help with whether or not to even get involved in the race.
As you pointed out, the Starter Handicap races at PARX the last two days have been won by favorites. Armed with the information I have provided here, perhaps you would choose not to get involved. Certainly it is not worthwhile betting on these short priced favorites and it may be in ones best interest to pass the race.
There will be handicap races with good prices. Like any other type of race, you just have to wait for them.