|
Great point ...selecting a P/L such as ORBS line 2 in the derby comes from years of P/L selecting and sometime "gut feeling" just as I did....also I remember my well learned lesson from last year when I didn't have IHA...."Doc" mentioned in a follow up that when handicapping the Derby ALL G-1 winners from a major prep must be considered...I know it's only one race...but with the betting pools involved you can make a lifetime score from hitting the derby. example on April 25th at KEE I bet the late pic 3 which involved the G-3 Bewitch Stakes (races 6-7-8) race 6 $7.80 race 7 $26.00 race 8 $ 38.00...I was blown away when I saw the .50 p3 payoff...only $237.00...then I want back and looked at the pool total..there was only $46,000 in the entire pool no wonder it didn't pay anything...maybe I'm wrong but big stakes days are very important when the pools are swelled with uninformed bettors who love to bet favs...I know I spent too much time on the derby...about 8 hours from monday thru thursday..but I'll do the same when breeders cup gets here..thats how I got Fort Larned beating Game On Dude last year in the classic ....just my opinion wish everyone good luck on Preakness Day
|