Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
lone speed
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 696
Here is my random thoughts on this subject of trainers:

I am going to borrow a post by Richie P. where he quoted Jim"the Hat" Bradshaw....

But before I do...I remember a book that I read many years ago titled "Unlimited Powers" by Anthony Robbins...I also listened to his cd seminar....

I always keep this phrase foremost in my mind in whatever endeavors I seek to persue......

Robbins,"Model successful patterns of successful people.....Follow/model the the steps taken by successful people..."


post by Richie P.


Straight talk from " The Hat" - "Secret" to upping WIN % by 10 points
First off I have run this by Jim and have his ok to post this thread.

Ok a little backround is needed first.

I have been learning the matchup from Jim for appx 5 months. Learning it from the CREATOR only. I will say there are 2 key things that MUST be done to have ANY chance to actually become a successful " Matcher".

1) Completely IGNORE trainer/jockey/class/layoffs/trackbias. PERIOD.

2) MUST use the horse's ENTIRE past performances shown REGARDLESS of how long ago some of the pacelines might be. This enables us to:
a) match lines and overcome any track variant and shipper/ track to track issues.
b) identify strongly WINNING running styles and the POSITION at the FIRST call a horse can WIN from.

I posted the above because even doing this I was stuck in a win % range around 25-28% betting 1 horse for over 2 months. Jim kept telling me I should be MUCH higher. He was being totally sincere man. He would keep doing races with me on the phone. He would tell me "something is holding you back Rich. We will find it".

10 days ago to be EXACT he found it and laid it out for me STERNLY. Very much a talking to for sure. NO nice-nice talk whatsoever.

This is EXACTLY what he told me. EXACTLY word for word.

1) " Rich I need you to HIDE the morning line odds when you work a race, I do NOT want you to see them. You have been a value better for a decade and that **** is ingrained in you whether or not you realize it. I have to break you of that and hiding the morning line is how to do it. When I go to the track and use the Form I NEVER see the ml. JUST the HORSE Rich. NOTHING else. Trust me on this ok?"

- since then I HIDE the ml odds on my pp's and for the last 10 days have NO clue on the ml of the horse's. Just matching HORSES with NO expectation of potential payoff.

2) " Rich I want you to ONLY bet races where you have the field narrowed to ONE horse you KNOW is going to win. What I mean is that even if the horse doesn't win you KNOW that was the horse and you would bet him again. This also keeps you from going back and second guessing yourself after a losing race. This is VITAL to matching because INTUITION is a HUGE part of matching MY way and there is no room for second guessing here".

Jim continues - "So when you come to a race and you have the race down to 2 horses and can not DEFINITIVELY say that one will beat the other you MUST - PASS THE RACE. I only want you betting races where you have the field narrowed to ONE horse Rich. Leave the others alone and FOCUS on these races. SPOT PLAY them only."

I am betting at 3/2 odds and higher. No exotics of ANY kind for ME. Guys like Charlie and Pino are doing good with the exotics which is terrific.

Jim also said that for TWO horse bettors narrowing a field to 2 is GREAT as the win bets are self evident. When the TWO horse bettor reduces to three then the " guessing" on whom to play rears its head again and he suggests PASSING is something to consider strongly.

In 10 days the change in my play and % is fantastic man. I am a totally different and better Matcher. Read the thread topic again. I am being dead serious in what I wrote ok? DEAD SERIOUS.

I honestly do not know how Jim sees things and knows what will help but he does. He also gives of his time in a big way.

I post this hoping it will help someone the way it helped me. Just trying to pass along some of Jim's teachings to me ok?

all the best and remember
" It's just a dang horse race" - Jim " The Hat" Bradshaw

stay cool
Richie__________________
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote