Derby points accumulation begins in earnest with 50 points going to the winner in the Risen Star and the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream..
I only wanted to look at the Risen Star since one of the morning line favorite Oxbow is coming off slow early fractions from his last race and in this race, it is loaded with faster early speed so Oxbow might be vulnerable in this matchup....Let's look over the race...
I have attached a pps of the Risen Star if any one wants to jump in and post their opinions of the match up...
Risen Star pps.pdf
After looking over most of the contenders.....I settled on Baffert's Code West who comes off that blitzing mile race of Super Ninety Nine....that seems to be the best last race of all the contenders...
Normandy Invasion looks like the main counter energy horse off the layoff as he will be absolutely flying at the end....this one has "the look" of the real McCoy for the Derby.....but it is still early until the first Saturday of May....
Good Skills