Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45
Jeff,
I don't need to be reprimand for a remark, (go suck a lolly pop) that I delete afterward. At 68 of age the only two things I have to do is pay taxes and die other than that, Ted can kiss my ass goodbye.
|
Pino,
Thank you for making it easy, although I decline your invitation.
Goodbye, though.
You know that the above remarks were not the only comments you made, and you are welcomed to share them
in private and in full - including my reply to you - with whomever you like.
Some (very few) members have made (repeated) posts which would not survive the Code of Conduct in public in discussions which they subsequently delete. This has the effect of sending those comments by email to everyone who had posted in a thread (i.e. the intended recipients of the unacceptable comments), while apparently leaving no 'public' record of the comments (except to me, the Admin).
This is unacceptable practice. Don't do it. If you disagree with someone, send them a Private Message. If you think they're an idiot or worse, first attempt a bit of self-control. The recipient of such a Private Message may choose to block further communication from you, and if they complain of aggressive or threatening behaviour, that does not help a member's case to remain active here.
Not everything you think, requires public airing. And please do not bother with the 'freedom of speech' argument. Members are 'free', and most welcomed to post communication which supports friendly and positive learning and sharing of horse racing knowledge, with an orientation to the Sartin Methodology . Almost everyone can figure out those boundaries, and people don't get banned for messing up in the early days.
As I said in another thread recently: new rules -
be nice. Heed this!
Who's next ... ?
Ted