|
I think he is asking if the class ratings are overall ratings or single race ratings. I take the class ratings as overall ratings over the horses career.
I'm curious to know how RDSS comes up with these ratings, it can be subjective depending on how you look at it. I find your formula to be very good compared to other ratings i've seen (Bris ratings for example). On occasion i have come across some head scratchers, like a horse that has been running in 70,000 ALW races most of it's career and today it's running against 20,000 claimers, and the rest of the field has mostly run in cheap claiming races, yet the ALW horse gets no class rating in the top 3.
Does the horse have to have success at that class level to be considered? I came across this a couple of weeks ago, and the ALW horse produced nothing at that level.
Last edited by Hoof 11; 12-17-2012 at 02:22 PM.
|